Re: Easy cfagent bug

From: David J. Bianco
Subject: Re: Easy cfagent bug
Date: 30 Aug 2002 09:26:57 -0400

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 16:31, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> Ah yes, the variable/class space of update.conf and cfagent.conf
> are private in 2.0.4, so you need to just repeat the test
> in cfagent.conf

I'm a little confused here.  I know about the private namespace
of update.conf vs. cfagent.conf, but I only use this class in
update.conf, so it should be in scope.

I'll also add another datapoint, though I'm not sure what it
means.  Using 2.0.4b1, if I run:

        # cfagent --inform --no-splay --update-only

it doesn't copy the binaries from the server, which is the correct
behavior.  But if I omit the --update-only, it does.  I've double
checked that my references to the CF_TESTBED class all occur in
update.conf, as do all the file copy operations.  I'm quite puzzled
as to why "--update-only" causes this to behave differently.

        David

--
David J. Bianco, GSEC           <bianco@jlab.org>
GPG Fingerprint:   516A B80D AAB3 1617 A340  227A 723B BFBE B395 33BA

     The views expressed herein are solely those of the author and
            not those of SURA/Jefferson Lab or the US DOE.