Re: deleting old lines in resolv.conf

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: deleting old lines in resolv.conf
Date: 10 Sep 2002 11:24:58 +0200

    Daniel> Im running 2.0.4 on Solaris with "EmptyResolvConf = ( true
    Daniel> )".

    Daniel> This doesnt delete old "domain" or "search" lines, why?
    Daniel> If I tell cfengine about a specific configuration in
    Daniel> resolv.conf I want to get exactly that config, and nothing
    Daniel> else.

    Daniel> Why doesnt the "EmptyResolvConf" delete the entire
    Daniel> resolv.conf?

Perhaps the option should be called "RemoveOldResolvEntries" - the
description seems to indicate it only tidies up nameserver lines :-

   Normally cfengine does not tidy up old entries in the
`/etc/resolv.conf' file. This option causes cfengine to remove old
nameserver entries.

If you want something more then I suggest you use editfiles.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.