cfservd dying

From: paguerlais
Subject: cfservd dying
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:30:57 +0200

Hi all,

it seems to me that somebody already mailed about that, but I can't find
out again that damned thread ;-)

I'm running cfengine 2.0.4 on a RedHat 7.1 box, and trying to use cfrun
from the same box to execute its cfagent. cfservd starts the connection
with cfrun, but dies somewhat later. This happens only when cfrun is
executed on the same box than the cfservd it must contact.
If I run cfservd in debug mode, I can see that the authentication process
seems ok, but thereafter cfservd dies with the following messages :
<cut>
IPV4 address
sockaddr_ntop(<my_ip>)
Address family was 1
my_host.my_domain::Software failure in sockaddr_ntop

ReleaseCurrentLock(cfservd)
failed
</cut>

Does somebody has already seen this ?

Attn Mark : you used the same message (software failure in sockaddr_ntop)
in two functions, sockaddr_ntop and sockaddr_pton. Perhaps you've forgotten
to change the function name for the second one ?

Thanks
Patrice

----------------
Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et secrets. Ce message est adresse a l'individu ou l'entite dont
les coordonnees figurent ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le bon destinataire,
nous vous demandons de ne pas lire, copier, utiliser ou divulguer cette
communication. Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur a l'expediteur et
d'effacer immediatement cette communication de votre systeme.
The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or
entity adressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify
the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.