Re: How can I extend the types of configuration managed by cfengine?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: How can I extend the types of configuration managed by cfengine?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:34:14 +1000

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Frank Smith wrote:
> Have you considered placing your script (and any associated files)
> in the 'files' section to distribute it and using the 'shellcommands'
> section to control running it ?  A module might be more elegant, but
> shellcommands is a quick and dirty way to integrate existing scripts.

Yes. This is perfectly possible and was what I initially considered.

I can do this, fairly trivially. It's the quick and dirty nature of it
that I want to avoid. I use cfengine so that I /don't/ write quick and
dirty scripts to do this and that. :)

      Daniel

--
When the habit [of masturbation] is discovered, it must in young children be
put a stop to by such means as tying the hands, strapping the knees together