requried warnings don't seem to be working

From: Bettilyon, Allen
Subject: requried warnings don't seem to be working
Date: 20 Sep 2002 11:05:01 -0600

Hello,

I'm trying to use cfengine to warn me if key local disk points fill up.
I'm using the required directive, and it looks like this:

required:

   any::
        /       freespace=25%
        /var    freespace=25%
        /home   freespace=25%

However, it doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I forcibly filled /var
to over 80% on one my servers, and I've never seen any warnings issued.
I've also tried doing:

        /var    freespace=25% define=var_almost_full

        shellcommands:

           var_almost_full::
                "/bin/echo var is almost full"

And still, never saw the shellcommand run.

I am running the latest 2.0.4 release on linux.

- Allen