Re: key exchange doc

From: Paul Heinlein
Subject: Re: key exchange doc
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, David Douthitt wrote:

> > Is there an online doc that describes how to do the initial
> > exchange of public keys between hosts?
>
> To my knowledge, there isn't one.  The general way I do it is to
> manually do it with scp:

Yeah, that's how I've done it to date. I was just hoping for something
a bit more elegant :-)

> Then you should make sure that both the client and the master are in
> the cfrun.hosts file

We haven't gotten to cfrun yet -- just a manual execution of cfagent
on the client -- but I'll keep this in mind.

> Then check the cfservd.conf file; it must have the following (in my
> experience, anyway):
>     * AllowConnectionsFrom should have both the client and master
>     * The admit: section must contain an allowable directory for
>       the client and master hosts.  The cfagent binary should be
>       in this directory

My test cfservd.conf doesn't have either of those directives, only a
grant: section, but everything works well anyway. Hmm.

> Maybe I should write a document :-)

I'd definitely help proofread/test it! :-)

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@cse.ogi.edu>