proper syntax for processes section

From: Bettilyon, Allen
Subject: proper syntax for processes section
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:13:27 -0600

Hello,

I've got the following that doesn't seem to be working:

processes:

   disable_apache::
       "httpd" signal=kill

   !disable_apache::
       "httpd"
          matches=>4
          restart "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart"

disable_apache is being set elsewhere, and that class is being used and is working properly for other things. The kill portion seems to be working as well, howerver, the restart command is not getting executed. According to the docs found at:

http://www.iu.hio.no/cfengine/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#processes

[...]
This command is only issued if the number of processes matching the specified regular expression is zero, or if the signal sent was signal 9 (sigkill) or 15 (sigterm) , i.e. the normal termination signals.
[...]

Running cfagent -I (or -v) shows that matches processes are indeed '0'. And I have also tried adding a signal=kill without success. I am running version 2.0.4.

Any ideas?  Is my syntax wrong?

- Allen Bettilyon