cfd crashes

From: Benjamin Herbert
Subject: cfd crashes
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:51:37 -0500

I am running redhat linux 7.2 with cfengine-1.6.3-8.  We just upgraded
the glibc package to 2.2.4-30.  This was a security upgrade that fixed a
vulnerability in the libresolv library.  Ever since this occurred cfd is
crashing when a client tries to connect to it.  I ran cfd in debug and
it crashes when it tries to do a gethostbyname on the client name.  I
have downloaded the source and rebuilt to no avail (same problem).  Has
anybody else noticed this or now how to fix.  These symptoms did not
take effect until the cfd daemon was restarted, even after the upgrade.
This is a strange phenomenon.  Any ideas?