Where is workdir?

From: Marion Hakanson
Subject: Where is workdir?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:05:36 -0700

I've got three different builds of cfengine-2.0.4, all with different
values of WORKDIR compiled in.  One of them uses a version-specific
path (something like /var/cfengine-2.0.4), so it could vary even on
the same platform (when testing cfengine-2.0.5, for example).

So I'm putting together my "update.conf" and finding it would really
be handy if cfengine could tell itself where the default WORKDIR is.
Or even if cfengine could tell itself what version it is.

So far I've not found evidence of any pre-defined variables that could
be used for this purpose.  Must I resort to an external script?  If so,
what if I don't know where the "cfagent" binary is?

If there is an existing mechanism to answer this question, I'd appreciate
hearing about it.  Other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks and regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakanson@cse.ogi.edu>
CSE Computing Facilities