Re: Determine file to copy based on classes

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Determine file to copy based on classes
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:58:04 +0100

Allen Bettilyon <allen@northsky.com> writes:

> I will need specificly list these files now, as they will not get
> handled by the recursive copy:

Yeah, that is the main problem: I wanted a mechanism which finds the
right files to copy from the class of the host and the (directory
and) file names of the config files.

Hm.

It might work to have N copy stanzas which proceed in order from the
most general to the most specific.  This means that a file that is
present in a general directory and in a more specific directory will
always be copied twice (for a host matching both classes).  Hm.

kai