Cfengine und HA

From: Tobias_Mucke
Subject: Cfengine und HA
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:19:47 +0100

Hi everybody,

since today cfengine is runnig fine. Our next step could be to run it in an
HA environment. We have a two node cluster with heartbeat in between. When
the first node fails all resource groups are failed over to the second
node. A resource group is identified by the defined resources. In our
environment this means that there is an own IP adress, an alias and an init
skript for the service. The alias only exists in the DNS and the IP is a
virtual one bind on a physical interface additionally. Now every client
doesn't talk anymore with the real hostname but with the name of the
resource group / virtual ip.
Is it possible to use cfengine in an own resource group? Any experience
with this?

Thanks for your ideas in advance.

Tobias