Still having cfservd issues under FreeBSD

From: Jeremy Mcdermond
Subject: Still having cfservd issues under FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:13:07 -0800 (PST)

I am still seeing cfservd dumping core on a regular basis on my cluster
boxes.  I am running a mixture of FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6 on x86.  I have
tried cfengine 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4pre, 2.0.4 and now 2.0.5pre and they all
exhibit the same behavior.  Here is the stack trace from gdb:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x804ea31 in GetCommand (
    str=0xbfafcf8c "CAUTH 10.1.3.1 a.webstore.peak.org root 0")
    at cfservd.c:1611
#1  0x804d9ae in BusyWithConnection (conn=0x81e9000) at cfservd.c:1100
#2  0x804d821 in HandleConnection (conn=0x81e9000) at cfservd.c:1039
#3  0x281e1f93 in _thread_start () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
#4  0x0 in ?? ()

This seems to happen with every machine in the cluster uniformly, and it
happens upon the first connection to the cfservd in question (i.e. when I
try to run a cfrun against it).  My very uneducated guess is that there is
some sort of thread locking issue coming into play here.  Anybody have any
ideas?