Re: Where is workdir?

From: Tom Perrine
Subject: Re: Where is workdir?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:16:10 -0800

    MH> If someone sent you a patch implementing a pre-defined macro, would you
    MH> include it in the distribution?  Do you have a preference as to the name
    MH> of the macro?  Probably not "workdir", since that variable gets set in
    MH> a number of example config-files.  How about "default_workdir"?

I would suggest prefixing all special cfengine read-only (or pre-set?)
variables with something to distinguish them form names that people
might want to use themselves.

How about "cfengine_default_workdir"  or "cf_default_workdir" and
reserve variables that are prefixed with "cfengine_" or "cf_" for
cfengine-use only, e.g. people cannot define variables, macros or
classes that have that prefix?

--tep

--
Tom E. Perrine <tep@SDSC.EDU> | San Diego Supercomputer Center