setting repository variable in cfservd.conf crashes cfservd

From: Marion Hakanson
Subject: setting repository variable in cfservd.conf crashes cfservd
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:20:30 -0800

I ran across this issue by accident, while importing the same
"cf.globalvars" file that I use in my cfagent.conf.  Through a
process of elimination, I discovered that adding the following
to cfservd.conf will result in a core dump (SEGV) in cfservd:

  control:
    repository = ( /var/cfengine/rep )

This is with cfengine-2.0.4 on SPARC/Solaris-2.6, and also with
cfengine-2.0.5pre on SPARC/Solaris-8.

Note that several other "special" cfagent.conf variables do _not_
have this effect.  It's not difficult to work around, but it sure
took me awhile to track down the problem.

Regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakanson@cse.ogi.edu>
CSE Computing Facilities