email output and file creation

From: Darren Dunham
Subject: email output and file creation
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:23:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm running 2.0.5pre on Solaris and I've got a couple of questions.
I could have sworn that I had this working the other day, but I can't
quite figure it out right now.

1) My first problem is that I'm not getting any email.  I have something
   set up to warn me, and I get information on STDOUT.

# ./cfagent
cfengine:cfeclient01: Cannot access file/directory /tmp/testfile
cfengine:cfeclient01: File/Dir /tmp/testfile did not exist and was
marked (warnall)

Great.  But I have nothing at all in /var/cfengine/outputs (I think I
should?) and nothing is emailed, although I have smtpserver and sysadm
set in the control section.

2) My second question is about creating the file.  The 'files' reference
   says that if a fix directive is used and the file doesn't exist, then
   it will use touch to create it.  I don't see that happening...

# ./cfagent -D work
cfengine:cfeclient01: Cannot access file/directory /tmp/testfile
cfengine:cfeclient01: File/Dir /tmp/testfile did not exist and was
marked (fixall)
# ls -l /tmp/testfile
/tmp/testfile: No such file or directory

And here's the section I'm using...

files:
        any::
         /tmp/testfile m=0644 o=root g=other action=$(dowork)

Thanks!!
--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company