process and filters

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: process and filters
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:13:52 +0100

I am now using filters for processes. I want to track down some daemons and
make sure that only one runs ( or a specified number). If there are more then
one process or less. It must kill the processes and start daemon.
I use the following code:

control:

  IfElapsed = ( 0 )
  actionsequence = ( processes )

processes:
  "cfexecd"
     filter=daemons matches=1 action=do signal=kill
     restart "/etc/init.d/cfexecd restart"

filters:
  { daemons
    PPID: "[ ]+1"
    Result: "PPID"
  }

This code will always kill the 'cfexecd'-daemon and then restart it. What i
expected was that it will only kill the process if the number of processes
does not match with 'matches' option. Is this a bug, misconfiguration or
intended?

PS) If this is a bug then i have the time to fix this.

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@sara.nl      *