Help with cfengine module?

From: Shoemaker, Paul A.
Subject: Help with cfengine module?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:18:48 -0600

Hi, folks!

I'm running cfengine 1.6.3 on SUN Solaris (versions 6, 7, and 8) and
when I added a new module, the module dies.

The module is written as a shell script and it is failing when it
invokes ex to edit a temporary file.  It appears that the loader is
having problems resolving an ex reference to symbol cur_term.  This
doesn't happen when cfengine is run manually from the command line, but
apparently it does happen when cfengine is run from cron.

BTW, I am working on upgrading our cfengine version to 2.0.2 and the
problem doesn't appear to occur there though I have no clue why.

Any one have a clue about what might be causing ex to have a problem?

Paul A. Shoemaker
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator
Bin 8S-8401
Southern Company Services, Inc.