Re: Undo a cfengine action?

From: Will Lowe
Subject: Re: Undo a cfengine action?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:20:30 -0800

> We do lots of things with cfengine, but it occurred to me that it is
> kind of difficult to undo the effect.  What do folks do to deal with
> this?

Maintaining a cfengine setup to UNspecialize a machine sounds
problematic to me -- everytime you edit the "foo" class, you'd have to
also edit the "!foo" class, and I hate systems that require me to make
changes in more than one place at a time, because I'm likely to screw
up and forget to make the second changes.

Simpler, and cleaner (less chance of mistakes), to set up FAI
(Debian's autoinstallation stuff) and reinstall the machine when it
changes roles.

... that's what I'm doing,  anyway.

--
                                        thanks,