Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Subject: Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.
Date: 22 Dec 2002 20:10:42 GMT

> But maybe your idea of installation was different from what I had in
> mind.  I was imagining things like rpm or pkg_add or apt-get where you
> mainly have to feed them package names and they will do their things.

Same for us.

we have the following facility:

cfagent.conf:

control:
        solaris::
                cipos  = ( "solaris" )
        linux::
                cipos  = ( "linux" )
shellcommands:
                "/var/cfengine/inputs/update $(cipos)"

update:

#!/bin/bash
# $Header: /var/cfengine/inputs/RCS/update,v 1.38 2002/12/21 11:20:25 simigern
Exp $

# OS specific Part
case $1 in
        linux) #--[LINUX]------------------------------------------------------
        export
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11

        apt-get remove cfengine lilo fcron mozilla-mailnews mozilla-browser
mozilla-psm mozilla postgresql-client libpgsql2 cdrdao

        /usr/bin/dpkg --set-selections < /var/cfengine/inputs/selections
        /usr/bin/apt-get update
        /usr/bin/yes '' | /usr/bin/apt-get dselect-upgrade
        /usr/bin/yes '' | /usr/bin/apt-get upgrade
        /usr/bin/apt-get clean
        yes '' | dpkg --configure -a

        ;;

        solaris) #--[SOLARIS]---------------------------------------------------

        MAILTO="autopatch@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de"
        LEVEL="silent"

        export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

        chmod 1777 /tmp

        if [ "zz$2" = "zzautopatch" -o -f "/FAU_firstboot" ]; then
          echo "Starting autopatch... (this may take a while >= 30mins on new
installs)"
          /proj/Patches/bin/autopatch "$MAILTO" "$LEVEL"

          if [ "`cat /+private/local/adm/patchversion`" = "74" ]; then
            echo 75 >/+private/local/adm/patchversion
            echo "Resuming autopatch..."
            /proj/Patches/bin/autopatch "$MAILTO" "$LEVEL"
          fi
        fi

        if [ -f "/+private/local/adm/patchlog" ]; then
          ( echo "Subject: Patch report for `/bin/hostname`"
            echo
            cat "/+private/local/adm/patchlog" ) | /usr/bin/mail "$MAILTO" &&
rm "/+private/local/adm/patchlog"
        fi

        if [ ! -f "/etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key" ]; then
          pkgrm -n SUNWsshcu SUNWsshdr SUNWsshdu SUNWsshr SUNWsshu
          pkgadd -n -d ~sithglan/work/openssh/openssh-3.4p1 CIPopenssh
          /etc/init.d/sshd stop
          /etc/init.d/sshd start
        fi

        ;;

        *)
                echo ERROR: unknow arch $1;
        ;;
esac

# Host specific Part

case `/bin/hostname` in
        faui04a)
                # SunRay Server Software is broken
                rm -rf /etc/rc0.d/K98utsvc /etc/rc0.d/K72dsserv
/etc/rc0.d/K86dsadm
        ;;
esac

# Generic Part