File Name Limitation in Secure Copy

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: File Name Limitation in Secure Copy
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:50:00 -0500 (EST)

We're running cfengine 2.0.3 and I'm trying to distribute a file to a
couple of hosts with the name of
netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input_reset
netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output_reset

neither of these filse is copied, but some slightly shorter file names are
copied just fine.

netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input
netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output

        /home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input
                dest=/home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input
                server=blah.domain.tld
                trustkey=true
                encrypt=true
                force=true

        /home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output
                dest=/home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output
                server=blah.domain.tld
                trustkey=true
                encrypt=true
                force=true

        /home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input_reset
                dest=/home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_input_reset
                server=blah.domain.tld
                trustkey=true
                encrypt=true
                force=true

        /home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output_reset
                dest=/home/scripts/netsaint_bandwidth_monitor_output_reset
                server=blah.domain.tld
                trustkey=true
                encrypt=true
                force=true

The files exist on the server that they are being copied from.   They are
in the same stanza of the cfengine config.   They have the very same
permissions.

This is on several hosts running redhat linux 7.2 & 7.3.

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net
906-228-4226 ext 23