RE: Eval'd class to detect installed packages...

From: Craig Nelson
Subject: RE: Eval'd class to detect installed packages...
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:18:13 -0800

I would be extremely interested in HasPackage functionality. We use RedHat but have recently deployed apt/rpm and it is so incredibly useful. I have a prototype module I was working on where you passed it a list of packages you wanted to check and it set classess if they were installed. Having the functionality built in would be a great boon.

So far as deb versus rpm, I would suggest the compile time flag option. Packages can be difficult enough to build (not that cfengine is) without having to port headers from another distribution over.

~Thanks!