copy action trigger another action

From: Nate Campi
Subject: copy action trigger another action
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:41:21 -0800

I'm interested in people's thoughts on whether it would be useful to
have successful copies trigger an action. I'm thinking along the lines
of sending a HUP to a daemon when it's config file is updated.

With most daemons it is fine to simply HUP every time cfagent runs, but
with syslog-over-tcp my connections drop and have to restablish every
time the syslog daemon is HUP'd. During the period that the connection
is waiting to re-establish (one minute) the buffering logs might
overflow and start getting dropped before being sent on to the loghost
when the connection is re-established.

I'd imagine I could write a cfengine module to do this, but I'm not much
of a programmer and would rather it was implemented in the core and done
Right(tm).

Thoughts?
--
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net

"A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He
must have time to modify his shape." - Samuel Clemens