Re: root-owned ~/.cfengine on HP-UX?

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: root-owned ~/.cfengine on HP-UX?
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:05:51 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> Not that confusing. Use grep. Have a look at the Sources ...
>
> in src/init.c line 86. I think it is a bug. But ask Mark.

Yeah, it does look like a bug.  What's the usual bug reporting mechanism?
Will he pick it up off the list, or should I just email him privately?

> As you can see. A normal user under solaris can't change the ownership of a
> file
> to root. And I guess that it is different on HP UX. Just try it and let me
> know.

Yes, it is different.  I had already tested my ability to do so on HP-UX
(because I as afraid something more nefarious was going on, like
inheritance of uid/gid or something), and I had forgotten that Solaris
won't allow you to do that.

--
Men will wrangle for religion; write for it; fight for it; die for it;
anything but live for it.                       --Charles Caleb Colton