Re: module output becomes an actionsequence?

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: module output becomes an actionsequence?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:43:58 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> "Luke A. Kanies" <luke@madstop.com> writes:
>
> > This cuts out the module, which will probably simplify things enough that
> > you can get it all to work.  I don't really know why cfengine doesn't
> > support pipes in ExecResult, but when I tried 'domainname | sed 's/\./_/g'
> > it tried to set my domainname.
>
> Try with:
>
> /bin/sh -c "/bin/domainname | /bin/sed 's/\./_/g'"

I tried that and it still didn't work.  As far as I can tell, cfengine
just doesn't support pipes in ExecResult.

I could just be retarded, though.  This is what I have:

control:
   variable = ( ExecResult(/bin/domainname | /bin/sed 's/m/n/') )
   actionsequence = (
      shellcommands
   )

shellcommands:
   "/bin/echo ${variable}"

----

This tries to set my domainname on solaris.

--
Today I dialed a wrong number...The other person said, "Hello?" and
I said, "Hello, could I speak to Joey?"...