Re: cfservd 2.0.4 and admit... (apology from sending the question three

From: Juha Ylitalo
Subject: Re: cfservd 2.0.4 and admit... (apology from sending the question three times)
Date: 17 Jan 2003 10:31:20 +0200

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 10:02, ext Juha Ylitalo wrote:
> I just found out that I have some serious problem in my cfservd.conf,
> because my passwd, shadow, ... replication with cfengine seems to allow
> anyone to copy central passwd, group, ... which should not be the case.
> This is probably user error in a sense that I've manage to mess
> something up in my config files and as such, any help on getting access
> tightened up would be appreciated.

My apologies for sending this message three times to the list.
After running those tests, I forgot to move passwd.cfsaved to passwd and
so on. As a result from that one, Evolution claimed that sendmail exited
with exit code 71 and mail was not sent. After couple tries, I finally
figured where the problem was and managed to send message without any
complains from Evolution and sendmail.
At that point, I found out that even though Evolution and cfengine has
complained about it, message had been sent out on each time, when I
pressed Send button, even though evolution and sendmail complained about
it. So sending mail three times was more or less accident (I didn't have
any evil plot on my mind for spamming list until someone answers to the
question:)

--
Juha Ylitalo       juha.o.ylitalo@nokia.com           <work e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152   http://linux.nokia.com/~jylitalo/  <work www>