Re: 'files' skipping my directories

From: Nate Campi
Subject: Re: 'files' skipping my directories
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:42:18 -0800

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:26:27PM -0600, Luke A. Kanies wrote:

> It looks like the 'files' section is only checking files, not directories.
> In other words, it will correct ownership and permission problems on
> files, but not on directories containing those files.

> Is there some flag I need to give 'files' to make it also check the
> directories?  I really do need to manage the directory ownerships in
> addition to the file ownerships.

recurse={number/inf/}{0}

as in:

      /usr/local
            mode=-0002   Check no files are writable!
            recurse=inf
            owner=root,bin
            group=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,staff
            action=fixall

 http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Tutorial.html#Monitoring%20files

--
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net

"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad."  -Anon.