strange warning

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: strange warning
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:13:57 -0800

My editfiles section looks like this:

  !initial::
    { /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

    AppendIfNoSuchLine "0 * * * * /var/LPFS/cfengine/bin/cfexecd -F"
    Inform "true"
    DefineClasses "restart_cron"
    }

  initial::
    { /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

    AppendIfNoSuchLine "0 * * * * /var/LPFS/cfengine/bin/cfexecd -F"
    Inform "true"
    }

It works fine. However, when the "initial" class is defined and if
cfengine is running in verbose mode (which happens only when I run
"cfagent -q -v -D initial" from command line), it prints the following
warning at the end:

Main Tree Sched: editfiles pass 2 @ Mon Feb  3 19:00:56 2003
cfengine:zig: Too soon for editfile._var_spool_cron_crontabs_root (0/1
minutes )

Note that this happens after all editfiles actions are supposed to
take place and editfiles is mentioned only once in actionsequence. So,
it is puzzling to me why I get this error. Also, if I rename the
"!initial" section into something that also isn't supposed to be
defined on a test host (e.g. class "blah"), then this message goes
away which again is puzzling me. Is cfengine trying to execute the
commands for class "initial" and "!initial" despite the fact that
there is no way this can be true?

By the way, what does "pass 2" mean? I am using cfengine 2.0.5pre2 on
Solaris 9.

-akop