Multiple network cards

From: Jon Wilks
Subject: Multiple network cards
Date: 4 Feb 2003 02:51:54 -0800

After fitting a second NIC to our Solaris server, cfengine has started
giving these warnings;

skydog: Key-authentication for skydog.baseng.comm.mot.com failed
skydog: Unable to establish connection with
zuk02mon02.baseng.comm.mot.com
cfengine:skydog: Key-authentication for skydog.baseng.comm.mot.com
failed
cfengine:skydog: Unable to establish connection with zuk02mon02

Cfengine still runs however (files get copied from the config master)
so I suspect the problem lies in ssh getting confused with the host
name having 2 ip addresses.

The trouble is that this message only occurs from cfexecd in daemon
mode.  If I run cfagent or cfexecd –F then the warning does not
display.

Any suggestions?  I have already tried having 2 key files in
/var/cfengine/ppkeys, one for each ip address but this has no effect.

Robson.