Re: nested groups in editfiles

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: nested groups in editfiles
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:20:22 +0100

Jamie Wilkinson schrieb:

BeginGroup...EndGroup aren't nestable, are they? http://www.gnu.org/manual/cfengine-1.6.3/html_node/cfengine-Reference_65.html
says "up to the first EndGroup", so I'm going to assume that they aren't.

I'm not sure if via "DefineClasses" defined classen become valid immediately (you should test that before), but if so, you can try the following:

BeginGroupIfXYZ
 bla
 DefineClasses "class1"
EndGroup
BeginGroupIfDefined "class1"
 bla
EndGroup

Maybe you can achieve something similar with that. Don't forget to register the defined classes with AddInstallable!

Another caveat: I don't know with which version Mark has included the BeginGroupIfDefined command, recent 2.0-versions have it. For cfengine 1.6.3 I can send you a patch.

Regards,
Alex