Re: setting class based on file change

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: setting class based on file change
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:29:04 +1100

Quoting "Luke A. Kanies" <luke@madstop.com>:

> For instance, I'm not currently (although I might soon) maintaining all of
> my config files individually; instead, I maintain a central copy of
> sshd_config and syslogd.conf.  When I update those files in the central
> location, they get automatically copied down using rsync.

Although this doesn't help you immediately, I'd suggest using editfiles to set
up your config files.  Attached it what I use for ssh.  I'm pretty proud of
it... it's not perfect (I've discovered a few extra tricks that I've used in
other cfengine inputs since) but it's pretty damn good, imo ;-)

This input sets up sshd_config, installs the master known_hosts file, sets up
pam and hosts.allow, checks that this machine's key is in the master
known_hosts, and then restarts sshd if necessary.  ssh config is dependent on a
few options that are host specific, such as restricting login source, and
protocol used.

Jamie