Re: nested groups in editfiles

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: nested groups in editfiles
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:52:02 +0100

Jamie Wilkinson schrieb:

Quoting Mark Burgess <mark@iu.hio.no>:

Why not? This works:

Oh, okay.  That's great then.  I wonder if you'd mind explicitly stating that
groups can be nested in the documentation :-)

It's good to know that it works. But is it possible that nested groups were broken in one of the early 2.0 versions? I used to have a nested group in one of my old cfengine 1.6 scripts, but this didn't work anymore after switching to 2.0. Since the script had to be rewritten anyway, I noticed that I could get along without nested groups, so I didn't bother. I also interpreted the documentation the way that my nested groups worked by accident and not by design.

Nevertheless, nice to know that it works :-)

Regards,
Alex