RE: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:58:25 -0600

I just went through my make file ( couldn't remember If I had to do this hack) several programs that I've had to compile for solaris require /usr/ucblib in the library path. mtr is one I can think of right away. You can accomplish this many different ways. First, just to see if this is your problem try exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/ucblib;export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

run configure.

If configure succeeds, you could move forward with compilation. I think I passed configure some additional command line options to populate the LDFLAGS var in my make file, or I just edited the make file. Here is my final LDFLAGS line:

LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -L/usr
/local/openssl/lib -R/usr/local/openssl/lib -R/usr/ucblib

You could also just rely on the environment ( I don't recommend) or use crle on all the 2.8 hosts ( don't think crle is on 2.6).

Oh this was on 2.0.3. I haven't had time to upgrade, waiting on namespaces ;-)

Hope this helps.