RE: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8

From: Darren Nguyen
Subject: RE: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:09:37 -0800

Here is the config.log. Oh by the way, I really, REALLY appreciate you guys
helping me. I use cfengine 1.x
and it makes my life soooooo easy........

Portion of sample of config.log (It looks like maybe something with compiling
conftest)....BTW, I'm using gcc 3.2.1
-----------------------------------
configure:2858: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm   >&5
configure:2861: $? = 0
configure:2864: test -s conftest
configure:2867: $? = 0
configure:2878: result: yes
configure:2889: checking for door_create
configure:2926: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
door_create                         /var/tmp//cc8VxFBP.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2929: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 2895 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char door_create (); below.  */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char door_create ();
char (*f) ();

int
main ()
{
/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
    to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
    something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
#if defined (__stub_door_create) || defined (__stub___door_create)
choke me
#else
f = door_create;
#endif

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:2945: result: no
configure:2951: checking for setsockopt
configure:2988: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
setsockopt                          /var/tmp//ccuxXiQt.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2991: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 2957 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char setsockopt (); below.  */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char setsockopt ();
char (*f) ();

int
main ()
{
/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
    to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
    something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
#if defined (__stub_setsockopt) || defined (__stub___setsockopt)
choke me
#else
f = setsockopt;
#endif

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3007: result: no
configure:3013: checking for setsockopt in -lsocket
configure:3040: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lsocket  -lm  >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so.1
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3043: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3021 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char setsockopt ();
int
main ()
{
setsockopt ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3060: result: no
configure:3073: checking for gethostent
configure:3110: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
gethostent                          /var/tmp//cca0fZkt.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3113: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3079 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char gethostent (); below.  */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gethostent ();
char (*f) ();

int
main ()
{
/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
    to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
    something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
#if defined (__stub_gethostent) || defined (__stub___gethostent)
choke me
#else
f = gethostent;
#endif

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3129: result: no
configure:3135: checking for gethostent in -lnsl
configure:3162: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lnsl  -lm  >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3165: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3143 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gethostent ();
int
main ()
{
gethostent ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3182: result: no
configure:3195: checking for getaddrinfo
configure:3232: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
getaddrinfo                         /var/tmp//ccQPJMlJ.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3235: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3201 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char getaddrinfo (); below.  */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char getaddrinfo ();
char (*f) ();

int
main ()
{
/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
    to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
    something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
#if defined (__stub_getaddrinfo) || defined (__stub___getaddrinfo)
choke me
#else
f = getaddrinfo;
#endif

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3251: result: no
configure:3257: checking for getaddrinfo in -lsocket
configure:3284: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lsocket  -lm  >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so.1
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3287: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3265 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char getaddrinfo ();
int
main ()
{
getaddrinfo ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3304: result: no
configure:3317: checking for library containing socket
configure:3344: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
socket                              /var/tmp//ccqbwUuA.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3347: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3325 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char socket ();
int
main ()
{
socket ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3384: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lsocket  -lm  >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so.1
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3387: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3365 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char socket ();
int
main ()
{
socket ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3406: result: no
configure:3412: checking for socket in -lnsl
configure:3439: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lnsl -lsocket -lm  >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3442: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3420 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char socket ();
int
main ()
{
socket ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:3459: result: no
configure:3474: checking for BerkeleyDB location
configure:3527: result: /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0
configure:3546: checking Berkeley DB Version
configure:3570: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -R/u
sr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib conftest.c -lm  -ldb >&5
configure:3573: $? = 0
configure:3575: ./conftest
configure:3578: $? = 0
configure:3580: result: OK
configure:3594: checking Berkeley DB API
configure:3618: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -R/u
sr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib conftest.c -lm  -ldb >&5
configure:3621: $? = 0
configure:3623: ./conftest
configure:3626: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3603 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <db.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
    printf("%d.%d.%d ",DB_VERSION_MAJOR,DB_VERSION_MINOR,DB_VERSION_PATCH);
    if (DB_VERSION_MAJOR < 4 || (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 && DB_VERSION_MINOR < 1))
        exit(1);
    exit(0);
}

configure:3643: checking for db_create in -ldb
configure:3670: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -R/u
sr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib conftest.c -ldb  -lm  -ldb >&5
configure:3673: $? = 0
configure:3676: test -s conftest
configure:3679: $? = 0
configure:3690: result: yes
configure:3718: checking for OpenSSL location
configure:3733: result: /usr/local/ssl
configure:3771: checking OpenSSL Version
configure:3793: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include  -L/usr/loca
l/ssl/lib conftest.c -lm  -lcrypto >&5
_register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so.1
_unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so.1
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3796: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3780 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <openssl/opensslv.h>
int main(void)
{
    if (OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x0090602fL)
        exit(1);
    exit(0);
}