Re: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8

From: Jochen Reinwand
Subject: Re: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:22:10 +0100

> configure:3718: checking for OpenSSL location
> configure:3733: result: /usr/local/ssl
> configure:3771: checking OpenSSL Version
> configure:3793: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
> -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -L/usr/loca l/ssl/lib conftest.c -lm  -lcrypto
> >&5
> _register_forkhandler               /lib/libnsl.so.1
> _unregister_forkhandler             /lib/libnsl.so.1
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

Doesn't look like an openssl problem!
libnsl.so.1 is a basic part of your operating system. I've no experiences with
cfengine 1.x under Solaris, but I believe that cfengine/configure needs to
include one more basic lib with -l.
Perhaps you should use a newer version of cfengine. Could be a bug that is
already fixed.

Jochen