copy failover

From: Jeffrey Koetsier
Subject: copy failover
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:26:18 +0100

Hi All,

The last few hours i've been poking around with a simple filecopy and some sort of redundancy.

I want to copy FILEA to /etc/FILENAME, if this FILEA doesn't exists it should go run another class to copy FILEB to /etc/FILENAME.

ie:

copy:
  myfile::
/cfengine/files/FILEA dest=/etc/FILENAME mode=755 owner=root group=root server=$(fileserver) failover=myretry

  myretry::
/cfengine/files/FILEB dest=/etc/FILENAME mode=755 owner=root group=root server=$(fileserver)

instead of failover=myretry I tried define=myretry or elsedefine=myretry. But none of them work.

This is what I see on my fileserver side:

box: Couldn't stat filename /cfengine/files/FILEA from host box2
box: lstatbox: Host authorization/authentication failed or access denied

Which is ok, but it doesn't continue with the myretry class.

Any ideas how to solve this within CFEngine instead of using shellscript thingies?

Thanks