tidy not deleting links and/or directories

From: Jeff Sheltren
Subject: tidy not deleting links and/or directories
Date: 11 Feb 2003 14:28:09 -0800

Hi, I am having a problem trying to clean out /tmp using cfengine's tidy
action.  What I would like to do is delete everything in /tmp.

Here is a sample script that does not act as I feel it should:
[root@scooby cf]# cat cf.test
control:

        actionsequence = ( tidy )

tidy:

        /tmp    pat=*       recurse=0   age=0 rmdirs=all dirlinks=delete
links=tidy

(It works the same setting rmdirs to 'all' or 'true').

This is the output I get from cfagent:

 Main Tree Sched: tidy pass 1 @ Tue Feb 11 14:12:38 2003

Tidying Spool Directories

Tidying by directory

Directory /tmp
cfengine:scooby: Non-empty directory /tmp/.ICE-unix, skipping..
cfengine:scooby: Non-empty directory /tmp/orbit-chawla, skipping..
cfengine:scooby: Non-empty directory /tmp/mcop-swu98, skipping..

The directories that get left behind contain either empty sub-dirs, or
they contain symlinks pointing to non-existant files.  In either case, I
would expect tidy to delete these directories.

Am I doing something wrong in the script, or is this a bug with
cfengine?  If it is a bug, is there a workaround/patch for it?  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff