cfrun and Host authentication failed

From: Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE
Subject: cfrun and Host authentication failed
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:25:06 +0100

Folks

I am try to use cfrun on a Solaris 8 server and client

On the server doing cfrun I get the following.
---------------------------------------
 Host authentication failed. Did you forget the domain name?
-----

My cfrun.hosts files look like
domain = sukep.FIDONET.co.uk
access = root

CLINET.sukep.FINDONET.co.uk

On the client running cfservd --verbose --debug
I get the following.
------------------------------------
User root granted connection privileges
AccessControl(/usr/local/cfengine/sbin/cfagent)
AccessControl(/usr/local/cfengine/sbin/cfagent,SERVER.sukep.shell.co.uk)
encrypt request=0
cfservd: Host SERVER.sukep.FIDONET.co.uk denied access to
/usr/local/cfengine/sbin/cfagent
cfservd: Host authorization/authentication failed or access denied

My cfagent.conf look like
 # Comment...

control:
  domain = ( sukep.FIDONET.co.uk )

  actionsequence = ( links )

links:

        /etc/cfengine.test -> /etc/motd

My cfservd.conf look like
     control:

       domain = ( sukep.FIDONET.co.uk )

          cfrunCommand = ( "/usr/local/cfengine/sbin/cfagent --debug" )

      any::

       IfElapsed = ( 1 )
       ExpireAfter = ( 15 )
       MaxConnections = ( 50 )
       MultipleConnections = ( true )
       AllowUsers = ( root )
       TrustKeysFrom = ( 130.142.190.2 )

   grant:

        /var/cfengine/inputs   *.sukep.FIDONET.co.uk

I have all the public keys and private keys , you can see from the debug
that the keys are been read etc.
Keys are in /var/cfengine/ppkeys on both Client and Server

Everything look fine to me ?
What am I doing wrong.

cfengine Version 2.0.5 , Note this was download 20/02/2003 from
www.cfengine.org I know Mark Burgess
made a change so this version would compile on Solaris 8
openssl  Version 0.9.7

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Loirston House, Wellington Road, Altens, Aberdeen AB12 3BH

Tel: +44 (0)1224 21 7515 Other Tel: Internal 639 7515
Email: Matt.M.Garrett@is.shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com