Editfiles ReplaceAll with Non Alpha Characters

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Editfiles ReplaceAll with Non Alpha Characters
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:12:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to modify a file that has some contact information used by a
dialup modem for paging.    When updating some locations I need a dial
prefix, In other locations specific paging providers have to have an area
code.

Basically what I'm trying to match and replace on has some non alpha
characters.   How can I escape these so they are interpreted correctly.

       { /etc/file
                ReplaceAll phone= With phone=9,
                ReplaceAll ttyS1 With ttyS0
        }

ReplaceAll phone= With phone=9, gives the following error

cfengine:hostname:in/cfagent -f /:
cfengine:hostname:in/cfagent -f /:
cf:hostname:/var/cfengine/inputs/cf.test:1592: Wildcards cannot be
used in this context:

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net