Re: mail truncated by cfengine

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: mail truncated by cfengine
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:56:05 +0000

Quoting Akop Pogosian <akopps@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> (2003-02-27 03:20:18 GMT):
> I noticed that when running specially verbose scripts, cfengine does
> not send the entire output to the sysadm mail address but instead
> truncates the message at some point. Is there a variable that controls
> the number of lines after which cfengine will start truncating the
> mail messages?

The attached patch can help you. It adds another special variable,
EmailMaxLines, which can be undefined (hence, cfexecd defaults to
100), 0 (no email), a number of lines, or "inf" -- infinity.

Disclaimer: As before, it's totally unofficial and it's up to Mark
whether he accepts it or not. As before, I haven't patched the
documentation.  If you use it and Mark doesn't accept it, you're
setting yourself up for a maintenance headache.

--
LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA
SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6, BECOMING VARIABLE 3 IN