RE: AllowRedefinitionOf

From: Frank Smith
Subject: RE: AllowRedefinitionOf
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:12:10 -0600

--On Friday, February 28, 2003 17:18:00 -0600 "Luke A. Kanies"
<luke@madstop.com> wrote:

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Andrews, Martin wrote:

I got the same problem on my system .... but replacing all instances of
"test" with "foo_bar" did not have the same problem. Go figure.

Wow!  That sure seems like a bug, but adding an underscore to the variable
name fixed it!

Okay, changed the variable name, and looks like the problem is gone.
Crazy, but good eye on noticing that difference. :)

Mark, any idea on this discrepancy?  You can redefine variables with
underscores, but not without?

Using 'test' as a shell variable name can cause unexpected results since it is
usually a shell builtin command and/or a system command and will often get
parsed
as a command instead of a variable.

Frank