RE: AllowRedefinitionOf

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: RE: AllowRedefinitionOf
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:39:53 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Frank Smith wrote:

> Using 'test' as a shell variable name can cause unexpected results since it is
> usually a shell builtin command and/or a system command and will often get
> parsed
> as a command instead of a variable.

As was mentioned, I tried this with multiple variable names, and I
consistently get the error, unless there's an underscore in the variable
name.

I looked through the source (although I didn't exactly comb it), and
couldn't find a potential source for the bug.  I'll look some more this
weekend.

--
customer: "I have Windows 95 on my computer."
tech: "Yes."