Process filter, accumulated and STime

From: J . K . Wight
Subject: Process filter, accumulated and STime
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:10:34 +0000

This appears under 'Process filters' in the documentation:

(From/To)STime:
    Starting time for process in STIME or START field (accumulated time)

Can "accumulated" really be used in conjunction with (From/To)STime,
and if so how is it interpreted?

A new application is causing a problem because it fails to terminate
properly - or rather, the users are not terminating it properly - and
a process gets left behind. I would like to identify the ones that
were started more than x hours ago and kill them. Can it be done?
Using "date" is no use because I would have to keep changing the
filter.

My hope was that

        FromSTime:      "accumulated(0,0,0, 5,0,0)"
        ToSTime:        "accumulated(0,0,0,24,0,0)"

might pick out the processes started between 5 and 24 hours ago, but
the filter has no effect.

So, do I have to resort to a "shellcommand" script?

Jim