Re: OS patching via cfengine

From: Mark . Burgess
Subject: Re: OS patching via cfengine
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:34:45 +0100 (MET)

Ryan,

depending on how the patches are packaged, it might be advisable
to just execute them as shellcommands. e.g. if (as in solaris) the
OS info gets updated by the install script, it will ensure that
relevant OS mechanisms know about the patches. THe shell scripts
provided in patches are often complex - for better or for worse.

You can still select the right patches for the right hosts
by using lists or classes.

Good luck!