Re: cfservd dying

From: Nate Campi
Subject: Re: cfservd dying
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:46:32 -0800

On 12 Mar, Ryan Anderson wrote:
> While I haven't done this with cfservd yet, you could wrap cfservd in
> /etc/inittab with the 'respawn' option so that it will respawn the
> process if it ever dies. Anyone try this with cfservd? Any problems with
> it?

I'd hesitate to use init, when daemontools is available:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-cfengine/2003-02/msg00165.html

$ cat /service/cfservd/run
#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
exec /usr/local/sbin/cfservd -F

$ cat /service/cfservd/log/run
#!/bin/sh
exec setuidgid nobody multilog t ./main

...or do what Mark said and just have cfagent start it. Using
daemontools with logging like this will capture any STDOUT/STDERR output
in the multilog logfile and will help with debugging.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net