cfexecd overlaping runs

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: cfexecd overlaping runs
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:20:39 -0600

I use 2.0.3 on Solaris 2.6/2.8 (I know… upgrade) and cfexecd via init. My schedule is set for Min00_05. I recently had a shellcommand that ran for over two hours. I need to wait till this command was complete because I had another command following it that will only run if the previous command completed successfully and enabled a class (In other word I can’t background it). This job was scheduled to run at 5AM.

The problem was that another separate job at 7AM never ran. I assume that cfexecd woke up and recognized there was a current cfagent process was running and didn’t run another instance.

  1. Can I get cfagent to run, from cfexecd, regardless of whether a previous instance is complete or not?
  2. If the above can’t be accomplished, is there another way (without modifying my jobs)?

Thanks

wheeler