RE: disable problem+question

From: mandrews
Subject: RE: disable problem+question
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:29:45 -0500

Since disable actions move the file to *.cfsaved it does not work well for
init/rc scripts (where the renamed file is still processed). Instead I have
been removing the execute permssions like so:

files:
  /etc/rc2.d/S85power mode=a-x action=fixplain

To restore just add the execute permissions back. Also, I usually modify the
base script in /etc/init.d that the other scripts in rc*.d should link to. I
also define a class when I change the permission bits and if that class is
defined I run a shellcommand like:

shellcommands:
  disabled_power:
  "/bin/sh /etc/init.d/power stop"

That way the service is shut down immediately too.

Martin