Re: disable problem+question

From: Zeev Fisher
Subject: Re: disable problem+question
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:13:22 +0200

When i think about it , maybe the best thing is to rename to file to something like /etc/rc2.d/s85power ( instead capital S ) and it will not run.
The only problem is now that i didn't find how to rename a file in cfengine... Can someone help me with that ?

Thanks

Zeev

mandrews wrote:
Since disable actions move the file to *.cfsaved it does not work well for init/rc scripts (where the renamed file is still processed). Instead I have been removing the execute permssions like so:

files:
  /etc/rc2.d/S85power mode=a-x action=""

To restore just add the execute permissions back. Also, I usually modify the base script in /etc/init.d that the other scripts in rc*.d should link to.. I also define a class when I change the permission bits and if that class is defined I run a shellcommand like:

shellcommands:
  disabled_power:
  "/bin/sh /etc/init.d/power stop"

That way the service is shut down immediately too.

Martin