Problems with Editfiles and Creating File

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Problems with Editfiles and Creating File
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:24:25 -0500 (EST)

I'm running cfengine 2.0.5pre2. and I'm having a problem with a file being
created using cfengine.   Basically I get the following output when
running cfengine, and the file is never created.   What might I be
missing?

cfengine:host:in/cfagent -f /: cfengine:host:in/cfagent -v -:
cfengine:host: Lock
lock._var_cfengine_inputs_cf_host.host.editfile._tmp_procmailrc
expired...(after 2/2 minutes)
cfengine:host:in/cfagent -f /:
cfengine:host:in/cfagent -v -: Trying to kill expired proc

After the trying to kill expired proc it moves onto the shellcommands
portion of the cf file, and the file is never created.   I have the
following.   I've tried it with AutoCreate, and without AutoCreate.   I've
tried editing a zero length file.   I've tried it without the Umask.
I've tried it without Syslog, and I don't see any syslog output at all.

I've tried it with AppendIfNoSuchLine, instead of InsertLine's and no
Group definitions.   I need to find a way to handle file creation.

        { /tmp/procmailrc
                Syslog "true"
                Umask 640
                AutoCreate