Re: Application management

From: Allen Bettilyon
Subject: Re: Application management
Date: 26 Mar 2003 22:25:18 -0700

Attached is the perl script I use... and bellow is the way I call it
from within cfengine.  I am using apt compiled with rpm support to
maintain rpms on my cluster of machines based from redhat 7.2.

control:

   actionsequence = (
      shellcommands.rpms
   )

groups:
  has_aptget    = ( FileExists(/usr/bin/apt-get) )

shellcommands:
   has_aptget::
      "/var/cfengine/scripts/rpm_syn list_file1 list_file2 list_file3"

   rpms.!has_aptget::
      "/bin/echo WARNING: no apt-get command"

I maintain list files for each host_class that I have and distribute
them accordingly across my clusters.

I am maintaining my own apt repository and also distributing the proper
sources.list file which points to my repository.  Every time I roll a
new rpm, I simply throw it into the repository, and add a new line to my
rpmlist file.  This has worked quite well for me.

- Allen Bettilyon