processes action always not elapsing

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: processes action always not elapsing
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:04:36 -0800

Hello. I have some commands in the processes section in my
cfagent.conf but it seems like cfengine is never running them. This is
probably the relevant message after running "cfagent -v -q":

 Main Tree Sched: processes pass 1 @ Thu Mar 27 21:48:48 2003

cfengine:zig: Nothing scheduled for processes.allprocs (0/1 minutes elapsed)
Job start time set to Thu Mar 27 21:48:48 2003

I suspect this is because I also have a "processes" section in my
update.conf (for restarting cfenvd and cfservd if their binaries are
replaced). If I disable processes section in update.conf then the
commands defined in the main processes section work. I also noticed
that if I define a dummy class for processes action in actionsequence
in the update.conf, the processes commands in the main configuration
file also work. I am going to use this as a workaround but I am
sending this message because I am wondering whether this actually a
cfengine problem that might need to be fixed (since this behavior
doesn't seem to be documented anywhere)

-akop